“Making an impact on SEARCH’s House of Tiny Treasures through tiny acts of kindness.”
Amy Pierce, Chair
Adrienne Brown-Franklin, Monica Fulton, Meredith Philipp-Tcholakian, and Charla Wilson
Learn how you and your family can become involved and connected to SEARCH and its House of Tiny Treasures (HTT) through meaningful project-based volunteer opportunities and drives.
In addition to hands on volunteer opportunities for families, PowerUp 4 HTT offers a number of benefits to its members, and opportunities to get involved and support HTT on your own or with a group.
- Receive the SEARCH e-newsletter containing the latest agency updates and success stories from our clients.
- Be the first to hear about special volunteer opportunities with HTT just for PowerUp 4 HTT members.
- Invitation to the annual PowerUp 4 HTT Breakfast.
Ways to get involved
- Host a Drive: HTT has variety of urgent, in-kind needs throughout the year. Students are responsible for the planning and execution of an in-kind drive benefiting HTT students. Drive options include: non-perishable foods, socks, winter wear.
- Interactive Hobby or Career Day: Give the gift of experience to our students. Do you know someone who has special talents even as a hobby to present to the students? Artists, puppeteers, musicians, photographers, mechanics, gardeners, florists, story tellers, ballerinas, and the list goes on. Schedule a time to present your hobby or career to our students. They will love the interaction and they might want to be just like you when they grow up after the presentation.
- Sponsor an Onsite HTT Field Trip: Give the gift of experience to our students. Some of our best experiences happen when we transform our very own HTT into another place for our students to experience and learn various things in our safe environment.Recruit some of friends or colleagues to create an experience of an on site field trip at HTT. Bring Moody Gardens, movie on the playgroud, or even the zoo to HTT.
- Organize a garage sale: Clean out your closet for a good cause! Teens can organize a garage sale with the proceeds benefiting HTT.
- Back to School – Adopt a Student: Help HTT students and their siblings start the year on the right foot with uniforms and backpacks stocked with all the supplies they will need.
For more information on PowerUp 4 HTT and how to get involved please contact Katherine White at firstname.lastname@example.org.