Sometimes the small things matter most. A travel-size shampoo or soap, a fresh pair of socks, or a jar of peanut butter can help someone living on Houston’s streets. Your gift of basic needs can brighten someone’s day.
We appreciate your generosity and willingness to help us meet our clients’ critical needs. SEARCH is able to accept items that can be utilized in our building or distributed by our program staff, and that are in compliance with federal guidelines and safety standards.
Urgent In-Kind Needs
- Diapers (sizes 3-5)
- Laundry detergent
- Men’s casual clothing and shoes
- Reusable tote bags (for groceries)
How you can help?
- Purchase items Click the link for the House of Tiny Treasures Amazon Wishlist
- Host a drive for in-kind needs
Please contact Katherine White at kwhite@SEARCHHomeless.org to schedule donation deliveries
Other In-Kind Needs
- Hospital Scrubs (new or gently used)
- Clothing (new or gently used); including outerwear and new undergarments
- Shoes (new or gently used)
- Hygiene Products (new and unopened)
- First Aid Kits, Band-Aids
- Linens (new or gently used)
- Towels (new or gently used)
- Sleeping Bags
- Adult backpacks, gym bags, reusable shopping bags and totes
- Non-perishable food items (unexpired and unopened)
- New toys and games
- Alarms Clocks
- Cleaning supplies
- Small Vacuums
- Kitchen Items (new or gently used)
- Reusable food storage containers (new only)
Basic Needs drop-off day must be coordinated with Katherine White prior to donation.
Not Accepted Items
SEARCH cannot accept the following items at this time:
- Perishable food items
- Used undergarments
- Used toys
- Partially used hygiene products
- Furniture (of any kind)
- Paint, charcoal, candles and other flammable items
- Holiday and seasonal decorations
- Damaged, broken or inoperable items
- Expired products
If you have any questions or would like to receive more information about in-kind donations, drives, or involvement, please contact Katherine White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.739.7752 ext. 163.
Donation Delivery Information
Please deliver all in-kind donations to SEARCH Homeless Services located at:
SEARCH Homeless Services
2015 Congress Avenue
Houston, TX 77002
Donation Drop-Off Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
If your donation exceeds two boxes or bags, please contact Katherine White at 713.739.7752 ext. 163 or email@example.com.
Make an Impact from Home or Work
Our days are chock full of commitments and meetings, but there are always easy ways you can help make our community stronger. Do your colleagues, fellow congregants, or friends want to get together for a party with a purpose? Here are some simple and fun suggestions that will light up your week.
- Hygiene Drive and Packing: Collect toothbrushes (preferably individually wrapped), travel toothpaste, razors, travel sized shaving cream, full sized deodorant, bar of soap, plastic soap containers, travel sized shampoo/conditioner, hand sanitizer, body lotions, bug spray (large cans, especially Cutter or Deep Woods Off), baseball hats, small/travel sized sunscreen and feminine hygiene products. Then pack hygiene items in a large Ziploc or reusable bag so they are ready for distribution.
- Household Needs Drive: Collect pots, pans, mops, brooms, irons, dishware, tupperware, can openers, etc. for SEARCH Housing Program clients who are moving from the street into homes of their own.
- Pack Sack Lunches: SEARCH is always in need of at least 250 – 275 sack lunches each week. Our Mobile Outreach Team and Welcome Center Team distribute sandwiches to those in need. Make sandwiches or include snacks and a drink for a complete lunch.
Sack lunch, clothing, and other in-kind donation drop-off day must be coordinated with Katherine White prior to donation.