Everyone can make an impact at SEARCH Homeless Services. Our goal is to create a volunteer body that will provide meaningful volunteer service to SEARCH’s clients: the men, women, families and children we serve. Project types are limitless, the schedule is flexible and our needs are diverse. You choose when and how best to get involved based on your talents and schedule. Individuals, families, groups of friends and colleagues are encouraged to join and help.
At SEARCH, each volunteer experience is a unique opportunity to get involved. We want your time at SEARCH to be memorable, meaningful and engaging.
Sample Volunteer opportunities include:
- Conducting drives for needed items for our clients
- Asking your company to get involved at SEARCH for a day
- Riding once a month with SEARCH’s Mobile Outreach team
- Helping clients complete enrollment paperwork
Most opportunities are Monday – Friday during regular business hours.
If you would like to become involved at SEARCH Homeless Services, simply complete this initial inquiry form. Our volunteers often work in sensitive areas or directly with our clients, so we complete a thorough screening of all interested applicants.
Want to do more?
- Make an in-kind donation
- Recruit your congregation to participate in a group project
- Review the FAQ section on this website to learn more about homelessness and how SEARCH’s services work
- Play SPENT and test your ability to “budget on a dime”.
- Take a tour of SEARCH and learn firsthand about homelessness in Houston